Life has a steep learning curve-especially parenthood.

Life has a steep learning curve-especially parenthood. You can feel as if you are on a mountain
surrounded by majesty one moment, and plummeting off the edge the next.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

The race is on!!

Is it just me or does it seem that everything you do as a mom is a race. I feel as if I go full steam ahead from 4:30am until about 7pm with an hour in the am and maybe one in the pm to sit down and rest. I occasionally get to take a nap for an hour or so in the afternoon, but that is a rarity unless someone else is here. I race to get bottles ready, to eat, use the restroom, do chores and especially when I am giving Jonathan a bath.

My day started at the 2am feeding where I got up and prepared the bottles (yes, he has 2-one has to have a little formula and some Mylacon to help him release gas bubbles and aid in digestion) and then had to wake my son so he could get a clean diaper and eat. He didn't eat very much, so I turned off the monitor in our room and came down to the living room to sleep on the couch so Chris could get some sleep before work. I got about an hour of sleep before he woke up crying full blast.

He wasn't really crying because he was hungry, it was because he had taken a HUGE poop!! It was horrible-here I am sporting the Popeye, barely awake, and he is screaming because his butt is dirty!! UGH! I get the diaper off him and had him held by one leg in the air (he pulled the other one from me) and as I was trying to reach across my body to get a wipe, he decided to do come feet painting in he poop. I had a clean diaper under him, but the afore mentioned poopy foot pushed it up (and slapped my hand-eww), so it had poop on both sides now and was no longer good. So after 5 wipes (which is a TON for me) I had to pop the top on the diaper pail to put the dirties in since they were grody on both sides. I finally did manage to get him in a clean diaper and replace his receiving blanket that had poop prints on it. Then he ate and passed out before the end of the bottle.

The morning went well, with me doing dishes and laundry and finishing the unpacking. I took about an hour to myself and read . I got my Moomy on and pumped even though the amount I get is a pathetic amount. In the am I leave Jonathan in his room so I can do noisy things like the dishes and not worry about making sharp noises.

I brought him down for his 11am bottle at noon since he still hadn't woken up yet. After he ate I tried to lay him in his bouncy which he wanted no part of. So since I was stuck holding him, I thought I would lay back in the recliner and take a nap too. NOT happening-every time I fell asleep he woke up crying-I think he had a tummy ache. So I held him while my bladder complained and waited for time enough to have passed to feed him again.

Today is bath day-we do it twice a week-but with the funeral and everything, he had a couple of light sponge baths, but not a full nekkid bath since last Thursday. I know-I am the mom of PigPen from Charlie Brown. So the race ON. I feed him part of his bottles, then I hold him while trying to burp him and get the water to the right temp. Then I race to get him undressed, and in the tub where his bottom will be in water. I use the sprayer on the sink like a little shower to hose him down, and if this was the Indy 500 of baths, I would win every time. I have it down to about 2 mins from the time his butt hits the water until I am laying him on his towel. Then it takes me about another 2 mins to get him dried, lubed and clothed complete with diaper.

Here is a pic from the hospital. Ignore the fat lady in pink;)



So here is the funny-he likes to pee in the bath. Almost every time I give him a bath I have a TeePee PeePee ready and I watch for him to "stand at attention"-moms of little boys know what I mean. I was thrilled to escape the bath without an incident and stopped paying attention. That was my mistake. I had forgotten a diaper and ran over to get one real quick and in the 5 secs it took me, he had started watering the kitchen floor, rug, counter, his towel-EVERYTHING. I started laughing as I sprinted over to hold his diaper over him until he was done. After he was done and I had grabbed another clean diaper, I wiped him off and got him dressed before I cleaned it up.

What is it with Men and not peeing where they are supposed to? How many times do the miss the toilet all the way? And now my son can't seem to even wait to pee in a diaper. I think between the 3 P's (poop, puke and pee) that I haven't been clean a single whole day since the day he was born!!LOL

If only he was always so sweet....

3 comments:

  1. Oh what a day you had! It is the cool air on his nekked parts that make him pee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Pig Pen, my favorite Peanuts character!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The joy of having a little boy! I hope you are getting good use out of those tee-pee pee-pees! now you know what I was talking about!

    ReplyDelete