Life has a steep learning curve-especially parenthood.

Life has a steep learning curve-especially parenthood. You can feel as if you are on a mountain
surrounded by majesty one moment, and plummeting off the edge the next.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Little Munchers

We have our first teeth!! Jonathan got his first tooth on 3/16 and then his second one right after it on 3/19!! I was so surprised as I expected them to come in a couple mos apart from each other. I don't have a pic of the teeth-have you ever tried to get a baby to open their mouth and let you see in there?? It isn't very easy and you run the risk of the sharp little shark teeth getting you!!LOL

YUMM-this foot is soooo delicious!!


It was funny-when we went to our 6 mos Dr appt, he said not to expect any teeth until he was about 8mos old since he is a preemie, so I didn't expect to get them mere days after the appt. I was surprised as all get out when he put my thumb in his mouth to chew on and I found a little muncher!! It is nice though since before they came in that kid generated enough drool to fill a pint glass!!LOL He was a little more fussy, but not too bad and I expected a LOT worse!! He chews on everything he can get his hands on-kinda reminds me of a puppy;) He still prefers to chew on anything material like his burp cloth (EWWW!), but has started to chew on some harder things too. His top teeth are coming down at a good pace, so I don't think it will be too long before we have more. He does think that teething rings are nothing but a joke-kinda looks at us like "you're kidding me right?" when we give him one or stick it in his mouth.

He has been getting a bath every night and has recently discovered the joy of peeing and watching mommy and daddy rush to get out of the way of his sprinkler action. He has also realized he has an additional body part and plays with his "little turtle" every time he gets a chance. I've been told he will grow out of it and I hope that is true-he just sees it as another body part to play with like his feet.

1 comment:

  1. Stacey! He is so cute! Remember how I told you he looked exactly like you? I take it back, I'm starting to see more of Chris in him! And I don't know, after 17 months Nathan still thinks it's hysterical to play with his "turtle". Sigh, I don't know if they ever really outgrow it!

    ReplyDelete