Life has a steep learning curve-especially parenthood.

Life has a steep learning curve-especially parenthood. You can feel as if you are on a mountain
surrounded by majesty one moment, and plummeting off the edge the next.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

I suck

OMG-I can't believe it has been so long since I was last on. I knew I had been a bit behind, but not so far!! Well, I guess we can start with January. Lets see....I think the only major thing that happened was that he started eating solid food!!
I'm not sure I like this creamy white crap...(first time w/ cereal)



I am making my own baby food which is a little time consuming since I only do it like once a month, and I have not perfected the process on all foods yet, but I am glad he is eating things that don't have anything artificial on them. The first baby food maker I bought was a POS so I had to return it and then got the expensive Beaba from Ebay.

I think I am wearing as much as I ate;) (pic taken 3/23)

In February Jonathan learned how to grasp things and started holding his head up at a 90* angle from the ground. His eating got better and by then he had started on actual food instead of just cereal. He seems to like everything except the home made carrots and green beans. They are very hard to get non chuncky and I think the texture is what he doesn't like. Since processed green beans are bitter, I don't buy them, but I do get the carrots so he can have them. I don't want to delete something from his diet if he likes it just because I am not successful in making it so that he will eat it. We had to try 2X with both carrots and peas, but he liked everything else right off the bat with bananas and apples being his favorite food.

For his 5th mos pic, I just decided the one I took for Vday was close enough. The one I took on his actual Bday was not a good one.
YUMM!! My Valentines Bib tastes just like chocolate!!
In March he had his 6 mos Dr appt and everything is great. As of March 7th, he was 24" long, and 15lbs, 3oz. At the time of the appt. he was average for a 4 mos old and since that is his gestational age, then all is good. The chart they measure baby's progress on is adjusted for him being 7 weeks early.
In my opinion the cutest 6 mos pic I took:)

In March he also started sleeping though the night. At first it was only a couple of nights a week, but it has made it all the way to on average 6 days a week he sleeps through the night. There is still an odd night about once a week that he wakes up at 1am and let me tell you that both Chris and I hate that night. I am sure it is only a matter of time though until that fades away as well. About 1/2 way through the month he discovered how much more he could see while sitting up, so he has insisted on sitting up ever since. He still wobbles and falls over like in the pic (maybe he has a slightly enlarged right butt cheek or something), but he wants to get right back into sitting. I think it will be only a matter of time until he is an unsupported sitter. He decided shortly after our visit to the dr that he was going to start standing pretty much on his own. He locks his knees now and supports his own weight-we just have to hold him to help him balance.

Today is Jonathan's 7 mos Bday!!! April has already been a great month for him. He started passing things from hand to hand, and is VERY grabby now!! He wants everything even if he only holds it for a minute and then throws it away to reach for something else. He has been a little rolling machine and is trying like hell to crawl. He likes to roll so he ends up at a 90* angle from where I put him and his feet hit the buttons on the receiver for the TV-he changes the function to CD or radio and then laughs when I come in to fix it. He does what I call carpet swimming which is exactly as it sounds-looks like he is frog swimming on the carpet. When he tries to crawl he put his head and shoulders on the carpet and pushes with his legs so his face smashes across the carpet.

He is laughing and squealing a lot and both Chris and I LOVE the sound-it is the best in the world, even when I am getting up for his first bottle of the day and dead tired. He went to see the easter bunny yesterday and got his own set of ears, so I decided that would be his 7 mos. pic.
My Mommy says I am the cutest damn bunny in the whole world!! Psst-I think she's right;)

5 comments:

  1. Yes, Johnathan... your Mommy is absolutely spot-on--- you are the cutest bunny in the whole world!!! You'd look cute in a big Easter basket (that's a hint to Mommy for the next pic...LOL)
    Glad you're doing well, Stacey! These early years go fast, so make sure you document them well. Especially when you start having more of these 'cute bunnies', there doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to even think about picking up the camera, but it's just something you can't go back in time to re-do...
    Looking forward to future posts/pics!
    Kathy Kizmo

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, he is so big and beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! I wholeheartedly agree!! Jonathan's the cutest Easter Bunny!! What a hunny!!
    Glad to see you back, Stacey. May I dare say, we'll be expecting more pics soon?

    Blowing kisses to Jonathan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww what a sweetheart! And here he was such a handful at the beginning! He's certainly settled into being a beautiful (obviously well-loved) young boy!
    Glad to see you posting on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He IS the cutest bunny! And I say that because I didn't dress up Nathan like a bunny! He is getting so big!!

    ReplyDelete