Life has a steep learning curve-especially parenthood.

Life has a steep learning curve-especially parenthood. You can feel as if you are on a mountain
surrounded by majesty one moment, and plummeting off the edge the next.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Our first real family Xmas

Our first Xmas as a family of more than 2 was pretty good. Most of the presents under the tree were for Jonathan of course, but isn't that the way it should be?

On Xmas eve I put him in a special outfit that was given to him by one of his grandma's and took some pictures. The outfit was a pain to get him in, but was worth it when I got him all set and ready for his photo session.
I took this one with my phone since I had troubles getting him to keep his eyes all the way open for one with my camera. I LOVE this pic and think it is one of the most adorable ones we have of him to date. Chris had to work, so he and I spent most of Xmas eve together. We didn't do anything special besides my singing carols to him that were completely horrendous since I didn't know more than 1/2 the words to any one song!!LOL

On Xmas morning I was up early and started my day with my usual loads of dishes and then thawed a loaf of bread and made a pumpkin pie. After patiently waiting for the morning to pass, it was finally time to get Jonathan dressed and wake Daddy up. He wanted to wear his Daddy's little elf onesie, so I put it on him and then laid him next to Chris for his wake up call;)
I love my reindeer slippers!!

Bubbie and I hung out in the living room while we waited for Chris to wake up enough to open presents. After about an hour of TV and coffee Chris was finally ready. He is trying to enjoy this and probably next Xmas, knowing that the days of sleeping in and getting a good chance to wake up before present opening will soon be a thing of the past.


We started with stockings, Jonathan's coming first of course. He got all kinds of little rattles, teething toys, some eating things and some cool new Winnie the Pooh sunglasses for the summer! He has 3 stockings and I think Santa, Grandma and Mommy & Daddy did a great job filling them;)
The middle dog stocking plays music and his ears flap;)

Bubbie liked all of his gifts even though he can't play with the stuff we got him or the frog stuff his Grandma Combest got for him until he is about 6 mos old. He only got to try out his new tummy time mat which he thinks is wonderful-and actually Jade and Ruby seem to like it too!!
Me likes the bright colors-oo, and hanging friends too!




Overall we had a great holiday and can't wait until next year when Jonathan will be 15 mos and able to enjoy it a little more...

No comments:

Post a Comment