Life has a steep learning curve-especially parenthood.

Life has a steep learning curve-especially parenthood. You can feel as if you are on a mountain
surrounded by majesty one moment, and plummeting off the edge the next.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

The sweetness of marking 3 mos

I can't believe it has already been 3 mos since Jonathan was born!! My how time flies!! It seems like just yesterday that I was still pregnant, thinking that 70* was sweltering and freezing my poor husband out by having the AC cranked up;)

He turned 3 mos last Friday and to celebrate a little bit, earlier in the week we went to get our Xmas tree and took him to see Santa. A friend of mine, Maurissa, and her gal pal had bought Jonathan an adorable little outfit and made me promise to put him in it for his picture with Santa. While the outfit was cute as can be, trying to get him in it was like trying to wrestle a gorilla in a size small jumpsuit-not easy. But, I persevered and after some jostling and fussing on Jonathan's part, he was in the outfit and all ready to see Santa.
I LOVED the Santa they had here at the mall! He was so realistic looking!! His outfit was wonderful and the beard and hair were all his. If there hadn't been other people in line, I would have asked to sit on his lap and get my picture taken! He was such a sweet man and said that Jonathan was a handsome little man and so well behaved. In actuality he had been sleeping and we had to wake him up for the picture;) Thank goodness the people behind us were patient and allowed us some latitude to get him all ready. It did take a few times to get a good pic since Bubbie was mesmerized by the red sign for the Guess store-it was this giant red thing in a sea of monotone colors.

After we got done at the mall, we went to lunch at the restaurant a friend runs. After feeding the two of us and Bubbie, we went on the foray to find our Xmas tree. We didn't want to take Jonathan out of the car since it was FREEZING that day, so I put on my big girl panties and picked out the tree myself. Chris just helped the guy get it in the car (after they listened to me on which end to put in first) and after 3 tries we were off.

When we got home Chris and I decorated the tree and got it almost done before the little Mister wanted some food. I was so happy that Chris took such an active role in our first family day out. He isn't big on the whole Christmas thing, but knew that this was important to me for Bubbie's first one. I can't wait for next year. Chris has promised to put up ALL the outside decorations we have, including getting a long ladder and doing lights on the eaves!! He wants the first Xmas that Jonathan will be old enough to enjoy and all those after to be good ones with happy memories:)

I did take a picture for his 3 mos shot
and wished we could have gotten a smile out of him. He has been smiling so much more for about the past week and has started with the squeals of joy. He rolled over for the first time the day before Thanksgiving
I don't think I can fit that in my mouth uncle John....
and while he doesn't' do it for his tummy time every day, he has rolled over several times since and in both directions. I even recorded it with my phone so I could send a video to my mom and so Chris could watch it since he hasn't personally witnessed it yet. Jonathan has also decided that standing is a wonderful thing and he likes to bounce. For Xmas he has a tummy time mat and a jumperoo under the tree which are both things I think he was LOVE even if it might be another month before he has the stability in his neck for the jumperoo.

1 comment:

  1. He is so adorable!! I love his picture with Santa! Nathan wouldn't wake up so his first picture with Santa is sleeping. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete