Life has a steep learning curve-especially parenthood.

Life has a steep learning curve-especially parenthood. You can feel as if you are on a mountain
surrounded by majesty one moment, and plummeting off the edge the next.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Chris's first Father's Day

I had the hardest time coming up with something unique and cool for Jonathan to give Chris for Father's Day....but I think I found the perfect thing.

Yesterday Jonathan helped me make a sand impression project with his hand and foot prints. I got this: http://gifts.redenvelope.com/gifts/little-hands-impression-kit-30006954?viewpos=17&trackingpgroup=rbkps

I unpacked the box and was thrilled with the personalized plaque as well as the quality of the frame and frankly the instructions made it look pretty easy-almost dummy proof. Welllll......it wasn't that hard, but there are a couple of things that I seemed to have trouble with.

All in all It turned out well, except I packed the sand as I put it into the frame which made the print hard to make. It took us about 6 tries for each the hand and the foot, but my friend Maurissa and I persevered and got it done with a minimum of Bubbie crankiness.



They were right by saying that you should start with a happy child!! If he hadn't just been fed a snack I don't think there was anyway we could have gotten it done. I also didn't pack the sand around the edges well enough so there was some plaster leakage.

See the plaster on the lower left side?

It was an easy fix. I just used a knife to chip it away from the frame (it came off VERY easily) and then I put some glue along the edges to cover any white that was showing and covered that with sand. I am going to let that sit until tomorrow, and then dust off the extra.

The darker edges are the new sand.


I used super glue to hold the plaque just to make sure it would stick even though it has a sticky back and after it is all dry I will spray it with hairspray to hold it all on. I know they aren't perfect prints, but really, what would you expect form a 9 mos old. If I were to do this again I would do it with an older child. I sure hope Chris likes it since his other gift is a leaf blower!!LOL

I have to say I really liked the site though and plan to get Chris some of the golf stuff and personalized beer glasses for Xmas. If you need any Gift Ideas for Dad or any man (or person really), check out RedEnvelope.com.

PS-You can get 20% off by liking them on FB

No comments:

Post a Comment