Life has a steep learning curve-especially parenthood.

Life has a steep learning curve-especially parenthood. You can feel as if you are on a mountain
surrounded by majesty one moment, and plummeting off the edge the next.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

1st Bday and 12 month update - about a month late:(

I cannot believe that I forgot to post about Jonathan's first birthday and his 12 mos accomplishments!! I am such a BAD MOMMY!!!

First of all, the info is as of his Bday.
Teeth-8

Not yet walking on his own, but walking around the coffee table and down the length of the couch.

Doing the frog crawl all over the house
Just learned to clap
Words-Mama, Dada, Baba
Height-29 inches
Weight-18lbs., 11oz.
Finger food-Carrots, Peas, cheerios, goldfish, oreo crisps, animal crackers, graham crackers, puffies, pancakes
Sticks everything in his mouth and smells everything

As for his party, it was a Sesame Street theme.
 We had BBQ chicken, baked beans, macaroni salad, and potato salad. We all had a wonderful time. His guests were:
Grandmas Janice & Cindy
Grandpa Tom, Aunt Sammy, Uncle Tommy
Aunt Dee and cousin Preston
Aunt Christy
Uncle John
Jan & Linda

I am such a nerd, that I made him a onesie;) It isn't all that great though and I promised to try and do better next year.
 
Instead of making a cake, we (my mom and I) made strawberry filled chocolate cupcakes with strawberry icing. We iced Jonathan's in chocolate thought of course;)
Candles done with his name

Are all those for me? GIMME!!

DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!  

He grabbed his cake with both hands, squished it and then just looked at me. I had to put a hand in his mouth to taste, then he went to town and GRUBBED almost the while cake!!

It was so cute-we sang Happy Bday then we helped him to blow out his candles. He had a tiny little 1 candle on his cupcake (forgot to get a darn pic!!) and his name spelled out in other tiny candles on toothpick like sticks. After we blew out the candles we all popped the paper party poppers which he loved!!
Everyone had fun and left happy and full.

2 comments:

  1. OMG I love the picture when you are bringing out the cupcakes!! He is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey, he is growing so fast! Love the chocolate face picture!

    ReplyDelete